Research is the back bone of academics. The institute has a dedicated Research and IPR Cell which aims at nurturing research culture in the College by promoting research activities. The institution has initiated many measures in promoting research activities and created an ecosystem for innovation through centers like Dr. Piara Singh Padam Research Centre, Incubation Center facilities, Research Fields, etc. It encourages the faculty and also the students to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Management, Computer and Agriculture. This is promoted through enhancing the general research capability by way of participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, minor projects, etc. Further, in order to promote research and development activities, the college extends its full support to faculty/ staff, full/partial financial support is extended to innovative research & development works taken up by the faculty and staff members.
- To motivate faculty to take research initiatives in respective departments.
- To provide adequate infrastructure and support in terms of technology and information needs.
- Facilitating timely auditing and submission of utilization certificates.
- To obtain information on faculty involvement in guiding students for major/minor projects.
- Arranging guest lecturers to promote research on industry needs.
- Modernizing the existing laboratories with additional experimental set ups/ instruments and technology for utilizing the labs for research activity,
- To provide facility to the faculty in the form of incentives, academic leaves for improving their qualification and quality of research.
- Sponsoring faculty and students to present papers at National /International conferences as per the stipulated guidelines of the institute.
- To provide information about various funding agencies, method of applying for projects etc.
- To create awareness about filing Patents & IPR
Efforts made by the institution in developing scientific temper and research culture and aptitude
- The College has established a college research committee, research lab, incubation centers and research fields to promote research and consultancy activity in the campus.
- Guest lectures by eminent researchers, academicians and industrialists are arranged to create awareness and interest among the students and faculty on research.
- It also provides information about various funding agencies, method of applying for projects etc.
- Providing infrastructure facilities, space for department research centers, procurement of equipment and software.
- Enhancing the existing labs with research oriented equipment and establishing research labs.
- The students are guided and encouraged to present papers in the seminars and conferences.
- To inculcate scientific temper, research culture and aptitude among students in all the departments are encouraged to take up in-house multidisciplinary projects among various courses.