Khalsa College was awarded autonomous status by UGC in 2016. Its parent university is Punjabi University, Patiala. The Autonomous status provides independence to this institution in academic matters. These are:
- The institute independently frames curriculums based on UGC recommendations.
- It holds examinations independently of the parent university.
- The degrees are awarded by the parent University based on the recommendation of the institute duly mentioning its name.
- It provides a wide range of electives in the streams of Arts, Commerce, Science.
- It revises its syllabi after every two years.
- A wide range of certificate courses, diplomas and advanced diplomas are being offered.
- Mentoring to improve student- teacher interaction
- Provision of Smart Classrooms.
- Periodical Assignments, Two Mid Semester exams and Class Tests - ?
- Assessment of regular class performance, and attendance of students
- Academic - industry interaction
- Seminars/ workshops/ training sessions/viva/ Projects
- Questions papers scrutinized by a Board
- On Time Result Publication